Julie-Ann and I have been discussing elements that can make your home feel special, fresh and enriched. We decided that these 10 tips are easy to achieve and thought we would share them with you!
We would love you to share your ideas in the comments too.
1. Flowers - if you are like me you will have to buy them for yourself. And why not? After all, I am sick of cleaning up after stinky boys, listening to my husband snore and battle the supermarket. I deserve them! So do you.
2. Books/magazines - what's not to like about a bit of sweet fantasy? Whether it's a beautiful home book, an inspiring novel, or a trashy gossip magazine, I think we need a collection of these to help us escape from our monotony. Who doesn't need a good drool or a laugh?
3. Aroma - kids and men? This is why we HAVE to have nice aroma. I love swanning around in a fresh smelling house. Natasha (who owns this photo) sold me some of these candles a while back. She wrote on her facebook last night that her husband rang on his way home from work and said.... "Hon, can you run me a hot bath, and put some of that stinky stuff of yours in it?" Coincidence but so true and hilarious! Even men need a good scrub up at times!
4. Cleanliness/no clutter - I know, I know, I am a little over the top. Yes this is my office at home and it stays like this. I can't concentrate or produce lovely blogs *wink* if I work amongst mess. It feels good to have everything in its place.
5. Colour - a little bit of colour puts a spring in my step!
6. Grouping accessories - grab all of your favourite things and group them in a little arrangement. You don't need to scatter everything all over the house. Leave some spots bare as a statement and group other things.
7. A bit of bling - whether it's perfume, a sequin cushion, chandelier or a lampshade with crystals, every girl needs a little bit of bling in the home. Show it off!
8. A throw rug - the weather is getting cooler in Australia and this time of the year calls for a throw rug close by. I love cuddling on the lounge with one. My boys love them too and it actually doesn't matter what time of the year it is, they love a little rug across their legs.
9. Fresh sheets - need I explain? Who doesn't love fresh sheets? Go on, tell me who irons them too??
10. Comfort food - coffee, chocolate.... what's yours? What's a home without some comfort food handy for everyone?
Please don't forget that every comment gets you an entry into our House Beautiful magazine giveaway.
We will be discussing lots of topics today over at The Decorating Forum, so we would love to see you there. Feel free to join in. We won't bite!